How to Communicate with Diplomacy, Tact, and Credibility
This two-day, elective course is designed for government professionals who wish to advance their credibility, career standing, and confidence using diplomatic techniques. Diplomacy can be used for conflict resolution: influencing peers, subordinates, and leaders, and creating a personal image of being someone who can always find the “win-win” in a situation. This course will use case studies and application of the techniques through role playing and audience/instructor critique.
• Understand the history of diplomacy and the significant uses of this technique in world events
• Demonstrate the main techniques of diplomacy as applied to business scenarios
• Apply the main techniques of diplomacy to project confidence, use tact, and gain credibility
• Know when authority is granted to act as the diplomatic role – or – understand when authority is not granted
• Practice receptive listening skills and communicating with difficult people
• Learn negotiation and persuasion techniques