This one-day, introductory course contains an overview of the acquisition process with a focus on the basic roles and responsibilities of a contracting officer's representative (COR). The COR functions as the eyes and ears of the contracting officer, working to provide effective contract oversight. Participants leave the class with an appreciation of their role and responsibilities, how to properly communicate with both contractors and contracting officials, and general COR requirements. This training meets the Federal Acquisition Certification Contracting Officers Representative Program (FAC-COR) requirements governed by the OMB memorandum dated September 6, 2011.
• Describe the COR’s duties, responsibilities, and authority
• Understand in summary the various phases of a typical contracting process
• Identify issues affecting the COR through the acquisition process
• Understand how to maintain appropriate documentation and communications
• Determine how to use of appropriate techniques to monitor contract performance
• Describe the process for processing contractor invoices for payment
• Understand ethics in government contracting
Student are required to have a computer with internet access.