This one-day course provides technical writing guidance and sets standards for creating logical and professional written material, as well as describes the process of writing good documentation. For contracting officers, there are many documents that require simple language and clear writing, for example, Requirements documents, statements of work, requests for proposals, award notifications, and deficiency notices. The guide is designed to be read from beginning to end, and to be used as a reference guide after the course is concluded.
• Understand ethical obligations as a writer
• Recognize appropriate writing styles for government audiences
• Identify intended audience and develop content based on their needs
• Differentiate between passive voice and active voice
• Write clear, well-organized, well-structured sentences
• Assess a document for clarity, completeness, readability (conciseness)
• Apply effective editing techniques
• Understand the organization and flow of both content and structure
• Understand documentation formatting and organization techniques
Student are required to have a computer with internet access.