Work Breakdown Structure
This one-day, elective course will provide the best practices of building a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and building upon the WBS to complete a schedule with activities and a WBS Dictionary to manage and control the scope. The participant will be able to identify all the tasks in a project and break the larger project down into a series of manageable and discrete tasks or work packages. This course uses engaging exercises and facilitator led discussions to further reinforce the learning objectives of this course.
• Understand the reasons for using a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) on a project
• Recognize and read a WBS
• Develop a comprehensive WBS in graphic or outline format using the practical skills and techniques provided in the course
• Demonstrate how WBS is the basis for estimates on time, schedule, and budgeting
• Develop a Master WBS in graphic format using the practical skills and techniques provided in the course
• Apply how to integrate the WBS with other project management tools for requirements definition and quality management by using practical skills and techniques provided in the course