Introduction to the Acquisition of Agile Services
This three-day, elective course introduces participants to basic acquisition principles of an Agile project management environment, based on the current policies and practices of the Federal Government. Contract managers also benefit from an Agile environment when evaluating contracts. The class utilizes interactive case studies to embed the applied principles of Federal acquisitions with the Agile approach in practice. Participants not only experience the challenges of applying an Agile acquisition approach to the Federal environment, but also learn the advantages and disadvantages to selecting different Agile development methods.
• Become familiar with the key principles of the Agile methodology
• Learn how to build and manage an effective Agile acquisition team
• Create an acquisition plan using the Agile methodology
• Use case studies to determine the best contracting approach for an Agile acquisition project
• Design plans to evaluate, oversee, and manage projects that use the Agile methodology