Information Technology Acquisitions
This two-day, elective course provides participants with a broad overview of IT acquisition including IT project management, best practices, performance and quality assurance, lifecycle management, and risk management. The participants will receive a basic overview of the Project Management Institutes’ PMI PMBOK covering IT acquisition and also the current PM program control methodologies. This course uses a combination of interactive lecture and case studies.
• Review IT project management techniques and models including PMBOK Life-Cycle, FAI Life-Cycle, CMS Expedited Life-Cycle (XLC), Agile, Scaled Agile Framework and Required Assumptions Traditional Model
• Practice acquisition planning by researching forward-looking data and the application of Acquisition Governance
• Learn current IT project management processes including PMBOK best practices, waterfall design reviews (WDR), SCRUM methodology, Agile, XLC process, service oriented architecture (SOA) and analysis of alternatives (AoA)
• Manage IT project performance and quality assurance by using the steps of QA including developing a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), quality management plan, Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP) and the seven basic tools of measuring and implementing quality
• Integrate lifecycle management and logistics approaches such as performance-based logistics and product support plans
• Use the risk management framework (RMF) to integrate security and risk management activities into the system development lifecycle