FPM 231: Applications in Project and Program Management
This four-day course will allow participants to develop the comprehension and application skills needed to construct an overall acquisition strategy approach in a simulated integrated project team (IPT) environment. The course emphasizes crafting an integrated approach to systems management, including developing requirements, technology and risk management, test and evaluation, and integrated logistics support. Participants will apply what they learn in teambased practical exercises.
• Participate as a team member or lead an IPT toward achievement of project goals
• Manage Federal projects within a strategic decision environment that integrates the competing drivers of agency requirements development, programming and budgeting, and governance of the project lifecycle (“Big A”)
• Craft system requirements that fill agency capability gaps and analyze solution alternatives
• Apply technical management processes that result in a balanced systems design
• Comprehend the linkage between requirements development, systems engineering, test and evaluation, and product support
2 years of project or program management experience in the last 5 years