Services Contract Law Statute
This two-day, elective course will help participants understand the Service Contract Act’s (SCA) labor requirements and how this knowledge is useful when drafting proposals and negotiating contracts. The SCA protects lower wage earners by setting a salary floor and requires defined fringe benefits. Participants will learn when the SCA applies and how they are enforced.
• Understand when the SCA applies, its coverage, and exemptions to the provisions
• Determine SCA wage procedures and prevailing labor rates issues
• Recognize the SCA prevailing fringe benefits and how to measure health and safety benefits that make up these benefits
• Understand applicability of the act to subcontractors and special problems of off-site contracts
• Know applicable overtime compensation provisions of the SCA law and how to account for overtime
• Distinguish the interrelationship of the SCA with other labor laws