Risk Management in Acquisitions
This two-day, elective course exposes participants to a broader way of thinking about risk, answering the question, “What can go wrong?” Participants work to understand the types of risk and proper methods of mitigation. Should a risk be unavoidable, participants learn methods to best manage and report risks and monitor the risk situation. This course uses interactive risk scenarios to illustrate real world situations and allows participants to apply learned techniques.
• Determine risk mitigation techniques to use in a contracting related problem
• Identify the reasons for the presence of risk
• Identify risk mitigation techniques as stated in the DoD RIO Guide (Jan 2017)
• Identify industry risk factors during the contracting process
• Using knowledge of industry risk and personal perspective, formulate viable solutions to a contracting dilemma
• Using knowledge of industry risk and personal perspective, evaluate viable solutions to a contracting dilemma in order to reach a defensible decision