Managerial Decision Making and Problem Solving for Acquisition Teams
This two-day, elective course hones and improves skills needed by contracting professionals to efficiently and effectively make sound business decisions. Through decision-making exercises, participants learn how to develop the problem statement, assess risk, consider ethical issues, and incorporate the decision into the plan. Together, these skills contribute to making the best decision using the six-step process. This course uses interactive discussion and team exercises to illustrate the key tenets of managerial decision making.
• Learn critical thinking in decision making
• Understand how the problem statement is defined
• Learn about ethical considerations in decision making
• Assess the risks inherent in decisions
• Describe the risk management process and identify potential risks for both government and contractor
• Identify risk management techniques and apply viable solutions to a case, considering both government and contractor perspectives