This two-day, elective course introduces participants to the concept of incentive contracts. Incentive contracts are used to motivate contractors by allowing them to earn more compensation by performing contract duties at a higher level, through controlling cost or shortening the contracted schedule. Incentives can be cost-based, delivery-based, performance-based, or a combination thereof.
• Identify types of incentive contracts
• Explain the use of different contract types and when they are best used
• Analyze incentive objective and subjective arrangements
• Select an appropriate cost share
• Determine the government’s objectives for an incentive arrangement given a contractor’s proposal