FAR Part 8: Advanced Issues in Multiple Award Schedules
This two-day, elective course focuses on how government agencies can best navigate GSA Multiple Award Schedules (MAS) and the ordering process for supplies and services, based on FAR subpart 8.4. The course provides information on how contracting officers can use special features of the MAS Program to limit sources, establish “Schedule” Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs), and “Schedule” Contractor Team Arrangements (CTAs) that will expedite their agency’s contracting time for commercial procurements.
• Locate and research FAR part 8 as a tool for contract decision making.
• Understand the regulations governing FAR part 8 and apply guidance in Multiple Award Schedules (MAS)
• Identify national supply systems like Government Services Administration (GSA), Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and military service inventory control points (ICPs), and determine how and when to use appropriately
• Understand different contracting types and how to write a good performance-based SOW
• Understand ordering procedures for MAS including justification, approvals, and performance metrics
• Understand benefits or pitfalls of contractor team arrangements (CTAs)
• Understanding governmentwide acquisition contracts (GWACs) and how and when to use them for products and services
• Apply best-in-class acquisition planning practice to ensure compliance and best outcomes for government procurement