This three-day, elective course provides both contracting and program personnel with the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize the legal and practical implications of government contract claims actions.
• Understand what defines a contract claim
• Determine the role of contracting officers in preventing, addressing, and resolving claims. Recognizing when a claim is developing, how to address potential claims early during acquisition package review process, and proposal conferences
• Detail how the changes clause and equitable adjustments are applied
• Outline the methods of claims resolution: Informal, Civilian Board of Contract Appeals, Court of Federal Claims, etc.
• Point out how contracting officers should apply the False Claims Act, provisions of this act, and understanding of the Truthful Cost for Pricing Data Statute