This five-day, elective course covers the critical duties performed by contracting personnel during the contract administration phase of the acquisition process, including contracts for commercial items and those using simplified acquisition procedures.
• Establish post-award functions/milestones
• Explore elements of subcontract administration
• Apply quality assurance and performance monitoring to administration process
• Identify post-award contract actions: modifications, options, orders, etc.
• Explore contract payment processes and mitigate financial issues
• Asses performance delay and engage remedies
• Justify disputes, claims, and terminations
• Understand and recognize contract terms and conditions relating to contract administration
• Determine whether a contract may be closed out and how to implement proper procedures