Conducting Technical Evaluations
This elective course is a one- or two-day option. This course provides participants with the “do’s” and “don’ts” associated with evaluating technical proposals. It provides steps that technical evaluation teams should take in performing evaluations. This course covers the lifecycle of evaluation from team notification to drafting and providing evaluation reports to closing out the evaluation with a final decision. It is vitally important that technical evaluation teams include the right personnel from proposal inception so that all technical considerations are properly represented. This course provides a roadmap of the best practices and procedures for a wholistic technical evaluation. Participants will gain knowledge through a combination of facilitated lecture, exercises, and case studies.
• Understand the roles of evaluation team members in preparing to review proposals
• Create a standard set of comparable requirements to evaluate technical solutions on a like for like basis
• Document evaluation team results and how to resolve differences
• Determine contractor responsibility in proposal submissions and the ethics of too much involvement
• Recommend a source selection award decision to the source selection authority
• Learn how to notify unsuccessful offerors and supporting the contracting officer in post award debriefings