This single-day, elective course is custom designed to help contracting officer’s representatives (CORs) remain current within the rapidly changing contract requirements world. This contains an overview of the acquisition process with a focus on the roles and responsibilities of a COR. It is designed to help CORs maintain their required continuous learning points (CLPs).
• Review COR responsibilities in acquisition mission support planning
• List the requirements for preparing a statement of work or statement of objectives
• Identify COR responsibilities supporting the planning and submission of contract changes documents needed to negotiate a modification and determine if changes are within the scope of the contract
• Review the importance of the COR as a representative of the contracting officer during performance of the contract
• Given a contract action, identify the delegated technical functions for which the COR is responsible
• Describe the administrative duties of the COR as outlined in the delegation letter
• Review technical submittals to ensure compliance with statement of work and contract objectives
• List the contents of a Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP)/performance assessment plan (PAP).
• Define the role and authority of CORs regarding past performance
• Describe a COR’s responsibilities in inspecting and accepting supplies and services
• Identify major requirements for timely invoice review and payments
• Identify how a COR deals with non-compliance or poor performance