Acquisition of Commercial Items
This two-day, elective course is designed to provide participants with an opportunity to learn and apply the concepts, principles, and contract terms of FAR part 12, “Acquisition of Commercial Items,” in awarding and administering a contract. This course emphasizes how to determine if a procurement falls under the definition of a commercial item and how acquisition personnel can take advantage of this streamlined approach from requirements determination to award.
• Determine whether a requirement falls within the definition of “commercial item” and whether or not the requirement is covered by FAR part 12 “Acquisition of Commercial Items”
• Identify who determines whether an item is “commercial” by definition
• Summarize the impact of FAR part 12 on the award and administration of covered contracts
• Identify the purpose of FAR part 12 to solicit, evaluate, and award a contract
• Understand how to correctly administer commercial item contracts