This five-day, elective course addresses technical, business (cost, schedule), management, and other aspects such as risk that need to be monitored to manage an effective acquisition. This course follows the guidance as detailed in FAR part 7 with clarification provided by individual regulations such as DoD Instruction 5000.2, DFARS 207.1, and the Department of Treasury Acquisition Procedures – Subchapter B.
• Recall key definitions and contents of the acquisition planning process
• Recognize requirements for major systems and acquisitions involving consolidation, bundling, or substantial bundling
• Differentiate planning for the purchase of supplies in economic quantities
• Quantify government vs. contractor performance
• Evaluate advantages for lease vs. purchase scenarios
• Determine and manage procedures that are inherently governmental